Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I have no idea what to name this one...

So I was taking pain killers for my torn tendon in my ankle all the way to CA and this is what I just came across while looking for my College psychology degree (long story). I must have written this :) But I don't know what to name it.



6/25/09

“?”

The baby sleeps
In the back seat,
Her head against the window
Blind to the journey
She’s begun.
I look at her sleeping eyes,
Lashes turned up,
Hair back in braids
And know that I’m giving her a better life
Away from the stress
We can let go of our disguise.
She’s mine
Yet sometimes I can’t believe
I’ve created something so sweet
I’m thankful for every word
She speaks
Ever cry she weeps
Every kiss I can give and receive.
A fresh beginning,
A bittersweet good-bye
The long road ahead
To new memories,
Stories
We can begin to put together
My precious little girl
Will help guide me along the way
Keep me from making the same mistakes
Which I’ve been known to make.
Those baby blue eyes
Will keep me safe
And help me show her the right way.
This new journey
Will bring us hope and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment